Friday, April 07, 2006

A Day At The Mall

Don't you just love a day at the mall? I mean, nothing can lift my spirits and put me in a great mood like spending a day at the mall. Even with my two boys in tow, I had a wonderful time. Yesterday was playgroup...that means we started out at Barnes & Noble for storytime, then went up to ride the carousel and get some lunch, then started out on the real fun. Two other Moms were with us, both with their children, but this did not slow us down for one minute. This is the test of a real shopper--through running, screaming, wild-acting children--will continue on their course unwavered! You hope that the kids meal you bought them 30 minutes ago had a cool toy included, but if it did not, then you buy a toy, buy a snack for them, anything to prolong the experience and get in just one more store! You see, as we entered one store, the Mom who was new at shopping with us said, "You guys don't understand. I am a shopper! Don't come crying to me when you are broke and your husband is asking you why!!!" I thought this was great...just think of what could happen without the children present! Yesterday was fun, even at times chaotic. But, of course we true shoppers persevered....thank goodness for Stonebriar Centre...don't you just love it here?

1 comment:

Sonya Terrell said...

Carrie, I have always said..you are my favorite person to go shopping with! You make it so much fun!