Monday, April 24, 2006

5 Weird Things About Me

Okay...I saw this idea and it looks fun...

I am going to tell you 5 weird things about me and whoever wants to join in and list your own, feel free...

1. I am obsessive about how my dishwasher is loaded. I just can't stand it. On the top: drinking glasses on the left, plastic cups on the right. Bowls in the middle-lined up neatly; everything else stacked around it in a tidy manner. The bottom: on the left: glass plates lined up by size toward the back, plastic plates lined up by size toward the front. On the right: pots and pans, glass pyrex lined up neatly. Weird! I am not even an organizational freak sort of person....

2. I don't like candy. Only chocolate. Some would consider that a candy. I consider it another food group.

3. Towels are put away in a certain manner at my house - rough side facing inward so that all you see are the neatly tri-folded stacks.

4. When I "lay out" in the hot weather, I must balance the sides. EXACTLY 20 minutes on the front, EXACTLY 20 minutes on the back.

5. I LOVE surprises...if Tim tells me way in advance about a gift he is thinking of or getting for me, it just makes me irritated...I would rather wait for the surprise! I could stare at a gift from October to December and not open it until Christmas Day...the anticipation just gives me a rush!

So, there you have it...my list...I can't wait to hear some of your weirdness!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so laughing at you..er..with you right now! My 5 things are :
1.I have to give my shots in a specific order..if I cannot for some reason, I get incredibly irritable.
2. If I do not like how a book is going, I rewrite the ending.
3. I have to put my sugar in my coffee before my creamer..or it does not taste right.
4. I twirl my hair when I get really tired.
5. I hum when I get really nervous.

Love ya- this was fun!

Carrie Bourne said...

I am laughing thinking about you taking your time being all anal about the order of shots you give to kids....funny! I twirl my hair, too! I have not heard you hum when you get nervous...interesting!

Unknown said...

Okay, I'm glad I'm not the only 'crazy' one....here are mine...
1. I can be OCD over things. I have to check a door usually at least three times to make sure it's really locked. And I always have to do the same with curling irons.
2. I get bored very easily and can only function when I have various different things going on.
3. I talk to Baxter (my dog) as if he's really human...but as long as there are key words in my story, he gets it.
4. I love getting mail. I can see, from my office, when my mail person comes, and I immediately drop what I'm doing to check it.
5. I am SO disorganized that Michael gets annoyed with me constantly asking him to help me find things.

Anonymous said...

Five things huh?

1. Vegetarian? Carb-o-holic? Whatever you call it, my diet consists mostly of lots of sugar and very little meat. For instance, yesterday's food intake went like this: toaster stroodles for breakfast, nachos for lunch, cheese pizza and side of pasta for dinner. This morning i write while eating cinamon rolls.

2. I can't leave my mosiquito bites alone and I bruise very easily. I scratch until bites turn into scabs, then pick till scabs turn into sores. So basically my legs look like molly shannon impersonating courtney love. Gross right?

3. I hate cleaning house, but when I do I am crazy particular about where things go. If my husband cleans I love it, but will definately slide that picture frame over just a hair when he's not looking.

4. I have been a singer/dancer for a living for five years now and I just took my very first dance class a week ago. Ballet. With eleven year olds. In tights.

5. As you have probably already noticed in my comment I cannot still cannot spell at the age of 26. Seriously, I'm pretty sure I misspelled "mosquito" and "definately" as well as a few I didn't notice. Oh well you can't be good at everything right?