Monday, March 27, 2006

My Boys


I can hardly believe that in two weeks Titus will be 3 and Jordan is currently 5-1/2. I can hardly wrap my mind around this. In so many ways you both seem like babies to me and in other ways, I see how much you are growing, and I am just blown away. You both amaze me in ways that only children can do. You are full-fledged brothers - sworn enemies one minute and best friends the next. What a special relationship this is. I never had brothers. I have two sisters. I have always said that if I had a girl, I would want to have two so they could know what it is like to have a sister, because the relationship is so special. But, as I watch the two of you, I see how unique this relationship is also. You are already taking up for each other when you think there is something to fight for. I can only imagine what this will look like when you are older. It's funny, too, how Titus always wants to do whatever Jordan is doing. If Jordan is playing soccer, Titus wants to play. If Jordan is doing schoolwork at the table, Titus wants to do it, too. If Jordan is getting a spanking, Titus asks, "How bout my fanking?"

Titus has been telling me, "Mommy, you de bes Mommy in the whole word." This of course melts me in a million pieces. And both of you ask me all the time about getting married. (Titus only does this because Jordan does.) So, after considering this subject over and over, they have both made the decision that they are not getting married, that they want to stay with us forever. Titus' version of this is, "Us not get maweed nevo evo!" (My sister Tami just loves when I do Titus impersonations!)

So, this is why I started this blog. To talk about my kids and our family life, to keep long-distance family up to date on the goings on with them. I feel like the most blessed Mom in the world to have these boys in my life. I also feel blessed to be able to see everything that they do. I am so glad I am called to be a stay-at-home Mom.

3 comments:

Sonya Terrell said...

Carrie, Can I please have a copy of the picture you have posted!!! I would love to display it in my home! I love your boys as if they were my own and want them to have a special place always at 'onya's house.

Anonymous said...

ok- love Titus picking Jordan's nose. You have such great boys and I can hear Titus now- "how bout my fanking?" Too funny. I am so glad you started this, so I can keep up with the boys..love you!

Anonymous said...

I do love when you do the Titus voice. Everytime I read it or hear you do it I crack up. I'm sitting here now still smiling about, "How bout my fanking?" So freaking cute!!!! I love your babies! Did Titus get his present yet?