Monday, March 20, 2006

Purpose

Our church is going through the study by Rick Warren, "40 Days of Purpose". Simply stated, this has been an incredible study. I have just soaked up the book that we are all reading along with it, "The Purpose Driven Life." Rick has a way of putting things very simply, to the point, and easily applicable. I have thoroughly enjoyed it and it is one that I will read over and over again.

Along with this study, every Sunday throughout the 40 Days, we have been given a sermon which corresponds with the week we are on. I have to say, even though I am biased and I am married to this guy, our Pastor, Tim, has done a great job of becoming God's vessel and bringing it every week! I would pretty much like to hear him above anyone else! Yesterday was the last sermon on the actual purposes....Evangelism. I was touched to the core about this subject...which so happens to be the heartbeat of God. One of the most powerful points in the sermon was this: 'The purposes produce evangelism.' Acts 2:42-47 outlines the 5 purposes for us--worship, fellowship, discipleship, ministry, and evangelism. As a result of the first 4 being present and abundant in our lives, the 5th and most important one, evangelism, is the outcropping. It was't something that was scheduled, executed, and done with. It just naturally happened...these believers in Acts just oozed with evangelism...because everything else in their lives was in order.

So, what is my purpose? My purpose should be God's purpose: worship, fellowship, discipleship, ministry, and evangelism. May I never forget this. May I be continually reminded of what my life is to truly be about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We spend so much time searching for our place in this world...our purpose for being. If we just pick up a bible..it is all laid out for us- worship, fellowship, discipleship, ministry, and evangelism..that is it. Thanks for reminding us of that!!!