Thursday, March 16, 2006

Freedom

I'd like to introduce a new song I just learned---I Lay Me Down. We sang it Sunday at church and it was great! It starts out slow and builds and builds until it just explodes at the end.

I lay me down, Oh, I lay me down.
A pleasing sacrifice to you.
And freedom is now the song of my heart.
Oh, freedom is now the song of my heart.

Freedom in Christ is an amazing thing. It is something that doesn't just come to you the day you become a believer. What I mean by that is this--obviously it is available, but we usually do not tap into the fullness of the freedom, the fullness of Christ, until later in the walk. It is there for the taking, but we must seek it out. Once we find it and experience it, there is nothing in the world like it. I have been in church all of my life, I have been a believer for 10 years, but I have just recently come face to face with the freedom that is promised mine as a child of God. I will never let it go. I will fight to keep opening new doors of freedom, to keep the experience alive, to feel the authenticity of knowing where my place is in Him. My relationship with Him has been deepened and my views have a new perspective.

I am so blessed to have come to this point in my Christian walk. Sunday morning worship is the highlight of my week. I have seen people experience this and have longed for it myself---now I know how amazing and precious it truly is! The best thing about this place I have found---I don't have to wait until Sunday, I can have any time I want in the privacy of my own home.

Thank you God for leading me to this place. Thank you for breaking down the walls of religion. Thank you for showing me the reality of your love and grace. Thank you for this life. I love it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right! It is amazing to me that there are people who know Christ...but cannot seem to grasp the freedom he brings! I am glad to be free and to worship in a place that provides me that!! Good work!

Sonya Terrell said...

ahhhh....freedom! The one thing I am most thankful for! So long I was held in bondage of a legalistic mindset, but praise God I have been set free by his grace!! Freedom to be me...not a perfect me(yeah!)just the me that God destined me to be. Freedom to love and love stongly..freedom to serve God.. freedom to let go and let God handle me and my life...and freedom to look to heaven as my eternity.

Oh, blessed freedom...God's amazing grace!

Anonymous said...

Freedom...something I am reminded of as priviledged to have as an American at the mere mention of the word. Something that has been fought for, killed for, protected, debated...Then, in the spiritual sense...Freedom is acqired at the mere giving of yourself to God and others. It is hard to grasp because it seems like there should be a tougher struggle to attain.

But, GOD....offers freedom if we place our belief and trust in HIM. Strangely enough, you feel free even in the midst of struggling, day-to-day occurences!

You are right Carrie, the song is a powerful reminder that we do not have to feel trapped by ourselves and circumstances...Freedom is now the song of my heart!

Anonymous said...

Carrie,
I rejoiced as I read your expressions of your freedom in Christ. You are right that it is being set free from religion. I have tasted this freedom also and it is glorious.
I really enjoy hearing about you, Tim, and the boys. I thank the Lord for you all.
Thank you!!!!!!