Saturday, March 18, 2006

God Says Hello

Last night the boys and I went to run some errands. We have a full Saturday planned today--a birthday party, a baby shower, and a soccer game. Life is in full swing! So, we went out to get everything we needed for this very busy day. As we were walking into the last store on the list, it started to rain. All bundled up in his little rain coat and huddling under the umbrella, Jordan shouts, "God is saying HELLO!" This was immediately followed with, "You know, Mom, if God wants it to stop raining He just says, 'STOP!' " This was a great moment for me. I thought it was just the cutest thing in the world to hear Jordan talk about God like this. And, then, to know that he is soaking it all in. Sunday school lessons, reading his bible at night, worship tunes playing in the car--at 5 years old he has a concept of the power of God. My prayer as a mother of two boys is that they will find God in their lives, accept Him as their Savior, and learn to live a life closely in tune with Him. I am sure my parents prayed the same prayers. I thank God for the generations of believers in our family who left this legacy.

3 comments:

Sonya Terrell said...

"out of the mouth of babes"....what a great moment for you with Jordan. Those moments are special and should remind you that you are raising your boys in a God centered family. It melts my heart when Nick will see me take a bite of food at dinner and then say...Mom, you forgot to say the blessing! Or when I in a joking manner say..Just pray for mommy..and he says okay I will or I have already. My son believing in prayer.....Priceless!!

Anonymous said...

How cute is he?!?! We can all use a hello from God every now and then, what a great story!!!

Anonymous said...

Our children can be the biggest inidicator to the world for what they are getting at home. Obviously, your son gets it. Hats off to Mom and Dad for providing that atmosphere that helps him recognize the power of God.