Saturday, July 14, 2007

Thankful

As I sat in the hospital last night holding a friend's newborn baby, I was reminded of how thankful I am. My boys are now 6 and 4 and I can distinctly remember both of their births with exquisite clarity. If you are a mother and have found yourself reading about my little corner of the world, you know the exact feeling I am describing. How in the world did this much time pass? I look at them today and literally see their tiny newborn faces staring right back at me. How can they be school age already?

Through many different venues, God has been leading me to be more thankful. As I look around, I see very clearly where His hand has guided my life. He has literally picked me up and moved me to better places, physically and spiritually. I am thankful for so many things. Tim. Jordan and Titus. The Word. Grace. Family. People. Connection. Church. Authentic Worship. Health. Passion.

May I ever be thankful of the blessings that are abundant in my life. And my I never cease to look at things as if looking at a newborn baby. A constant reminder of all things beautiful. A reminder of God's existence and reality in my life. Priceless.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It finally hit me with the third baby that my children grow way too fast. When they are tiny, we want them to be able to sit up and then crawl and then walk. I feel like I always try to rush it. But this time, I have slowed down.

What an awesome reminder of how much we have to be thankful for. We are blessed, so blessed.

Sonya Terrell said...

Yes, it's true you never forget that day that your children came into this world, even when they are 21 and 13.

Thankfulness is to me the ultimate act of worship and since my focus is to worship Him, then I must be thankful in all things...including the bad. He has open my heart to a whole new area of thankfulness and my heart is overflowing.

Miss you!