Tuesday, May 02, 2006

My Trip

Well, tomorrow the boys and I will leave for what is becoming a little tradition it seems. For the past couple of years we have gone to Mountain View, Ar. to see my parents at about this time of year. We also stop in to see Aunt Tami and Uncle Rob on our little getaway. Oh how much fun we always have! We will go to Branson, Mo. and stay 3 nights at my sister's house, enjoy watching her in the show she performs in twice a day-5 days a week, shop at the outlets in Branson, and hopefully find something fun for the boys and me to enjoy together while she is working. Tami and I will get to catch up and be sisters....I really do miss her sometimes...I look forward to it -- Yeah!

Then, we will go to spend the weekend with my parents in their quaint, picturesque town nestled in the mountains of North Central Arkansas--a beautiful little spot! On Monday I will come back home and the boys will stay and enjoy a visit with their Grandee and Grandaddy without the parents around--this is where their fondest memories are made. I am so thankful for them to have this time to get to know their grandparents, it absolutely means the world to me for them to have this great relationship with them. My parents have always just loved having their girls around, and now, they are LOVING having their grandkids anytime they can get them.

I know it is strange, but I actually look forward to the drive. I get to sit in the car with nothing else pressing to do, sing to the top of my lungs to the songs of my choice, and totally veg out! Why? Because the boys got a portable DVD player for Christmas that plugs into the car! Yippee!!!!! This way, everyone is happy....I leave them alone, they leave me alone, and most importantly, they leave each other alone! Great little set-up.

So, I am off to enjoy some good old fashioned family time...nothing in the world like it. Tim won't be able to go with us so tonight we are going to transform our front room into a "movie theater" and watch Chicken Little with the boys. Family time with Daddy first, then on to the rest of our fun.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice, dear. good for you.

Sonya Terrell said...

Have fun! We are going to miss you at church on sunday! (I'll be posting later this morning)