Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Daily Mom Stuff

I woke up this morning, as I do every morning, with a million things running through my mind of what I needed to already be up doing. This happens to me a lot. My "laundry list" won't let me sleep--there is too much to be done (especially if I am going to get to that pool later during good tanning hours!) I get up, brush my teeth, make the coffee, put a load of laundry on, water the plants, fix my cup of coffee, load the dishwasher with dirty glasses from the night before, pick up toys along the way, get some quiet time in, check my email, respond to emails, blog, drink my coffee, put on another load of laundry, pick up more toys along the way, take my 3 year old to the potty, fix breakfast and drinks for the kids, turn on the ritual morning cartoons, try to get a shower or bath hoping they don't kill each other while I am in there, and my day gets started.

Isn't this a typical day for most Moms? It seems like some days we have done a lot of work before our eyes have been opened for 30 minutes!!! The ones of you who have to get everyone, including yourselves, dressed and out the door before 8AM--I applaud you and I really don't know how you do it. I would have to get up at the crack of dawn to accomplish that -- I am sure most of you do!

We have big jobs -- us Moms. Are we thankful for our roles or do we resent them at times? We are blessed to have this opportunity, aren't we? To be able to raise these kids, nurture this household, love this husband? My heart is urging me to say that though at times I am overwhelmed by what I do, I am humbled and grateful for it at the same time.

May I remember the passage of scripture in I Corinthians 10:31,
"So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."

Even putting on a load of laundry and cleaning up toys--may I do all of those things with a joyful heart and a right spirit--and be thankful for the blessing of family I have been given.

2 comments:

Sonya Terrell said...

Being a mom is one of the favorite roles I play. Yes, sometimes it's hard, sometimes downright heartbreaking....but the rewards are worth it. I miss the mornings you talk about. I miss my boys being little and needing mom so much. I wish I could go back and be a stay at home mom along side you and all my other "mom" friends. I never was a career driven woman, I work out of necessiaty.

Oh...to be able to go to the pool everyday!!!

Anonymous said...

I laugh because I can so picture you doing all of this, and Jordan and Titus killing each other while you bathe. You are a great mom, and should God choose to bless us with a child...you are on my speed dial!!!